MOVING DAY – Emily (Kelly Bishop) tells Lorelai (Lauren Graham) that she'd like to get to know her future son-in-law better and asks her to invite Luke (Scott Patterson) over for dinner. Wanting to avoid an argument, Lorelai purposely fails to mention that the wedding has been postponed. The Yale Daily News staff finally fires Paris (Liza Weil) and chooses Rory (Alexis Bledel) to be the new editor.
A furious Paris kicks Rory out of the apartment, and Rory has no idea where she is going to go until Logan (Matt Czuchry) convinces her to move into his apartment. When Rory gives Christopher (David Sutcliffe) a tour of Yale, he learns of the new living arrangement and tells Lorelai.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Matt Czuchry as Logan Huntzberger
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- David Sutcliffe as Christopher Hayden
- Devon Michaels as Bill
- Amy Sloan as Sheila
- Adam Henderschott as A.K.
- Rona Benson as Joni
- Danny Pudi as Raj
- Robert Arce as Professor Coppedge
- Rory – Yeah, the story is you calling yourself Mrs. Clooney for 2½ hours.
- Joni – The Howell Raines-ing is complete.
- Bill – Even Hitler came out every once in a while to walk his dog.
- Joni – I interrupted her highness while she was on the phone and got a 5,000-word lecture on Robert's Rules of Order.
- Paris – Well, I don't want to be the story at my own newspaper, because then I'd be Judith Miller, and I'd have to wear my bangs too long and overdo my lipstick, and I don't want that.
- Paris – Good night, and good luck.
- Joni – There are no “hanging chads,” Bill. Give us the count.
- A.K. – This isn't EST. We get to leave.
- Paris – That secret meeting weeks ago at the pub where you set the putsch in motion, what happened? There wasn't a beer hall available?
- Paris – Nice spin. Take it to K Street.
- Richard – Smart. Very Walton-esque.
- Richard – Now he's working at the gift shop at the Grand Ole Opry.
- Emily – And an inn with a 26 Zagat rating.
- Lorelai – Oh, my God. The two of you have more stories than Somerset Maugham.
- Lorelai – Hey, for me, the jury's out on all you guys. You can thank Brad Pitt for that one.
- Rory – You didn't call me Hester Prynne once.