When Richard's (Edward Herrmann) mother, the original Lorelai (guest star Marion Ross, "Happy Days"), arrives from London and offers Lorelai (Lauren Graham) a trust fund for Rory's (Alexis Bledel) education, Emily (Kelly Bishop) goes into an emotional tailspin, fearing that if Lorelai and Rory have financial independence, she'll lose contact with them again.
- Gran has been to Cambodia.
- Rory realises that Tristan has feelings for her.
- The way Trix treats Emily is a parallel to how Emily treats Lorelai, although Emily, for all her suffering at the hands of her mother-in-law, is completely oblivious to this.
- "It's The Life" by Grant Lee Phillips
- Hamlet by Shakespeare (Scene 3)
- Lorelai – I still can't get over that I'm related to God, it's going to make getting Madonna tickets so much easier.
- Lorelai – Stupid, naked angel butts. What, did David Mamet just stop by?
- Rory – Not all girls want to be queen. Even Barbie ended up being a stewardess.
- Paris – Too "cabin in the woods"?
- Rory – Don't open your mail ...
- Rory – (to Tristan) Well, that could have been a potential Marx Brother's moment.
- Lorelai – (to Rory) Lucy, how many times have I told you not to butt into other people's business?
- Emily – (about Trix) I don't care if she thinks I'm the whore of Babylon.
- Lorelai – I don't care if she buys a house or a boat or the Elephant Man's bones.
- Rory – Good, then it's a good time to talk about our overtaxed peasants.
- Paris – Oh, let them eat cake.
- Lorelai – It's like watching Fergie all over again.