- “I'm very proud of you. Of this, of what you're going for here”
- —Luke to Jess
SHOWBIZ LEGEND PAUL ANKA GUEST STARS / RORY VISITS JESS IN PHILADELPHIA – Lorelai (Lauren Graham) has a bizarre dream in which singer/songwriter Paul Anka has a cameo role. Meanwhile, although Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Logan (Matt Czuchry) are back together, Logan is miserable knowing that Rory hasn't really forgiven him, and he takes off with his friends for another stunt with the Life and Death Brigade.
Rory accepts Jess' (guest star Milo Ventimiglia) invitation to attend an open house at his new book store/art gallery/publishing house in Philadelphia. While there, she is surprised to run into Luke (Scott Patterson), who is accompanying his daughter April (guest star Vanessa Marano) on an academic field trip. Back in Stars Hollow, Lorelai is horrified to find that Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) have been looking at real estate in her town.
- “Lane – (comes out of nowhere) I'm not above bribing!
Lorelai – God, Lane don't sneak up on me like that
Lane – (waving money) It's all about the Hamiltons, baby!”
- —Wedding seamstressing
- April – You have a great face
- Rory – Thanks, so do you
- ―Step-sisters to be
- Jess – I guess I'll call Matthew's poet and have him explain love to me, poets know all about it, right
- Rory – They're supposed to
- Last appearance of Jess Mariano until Season 8.
- Only appearances of Matthew and Chris of Truncheon Books
- Jess and April meet for the first time.
- Rory meets April.
- Emily tries to help Lorelai with her problems regarding Luke.
- April calls Luke 'Dad' for the first time.
- Rory and Jess kiss
- "The Elements" by Tom Lehrer
- "Angst in My Pants" by The Spark
- Caesar – Hey, day six, if your cell dies, is there a phone in Gettysburg I could reach you at?
- Luke – Yeah, the one Grant used to call Lincoln – number's in the book.
- Caesar – Oh, good. He's a funnyman today. He's Jerry Lewis.
- April – And those are your fellow Grups.
- Luke – The what?
- April – Grown-ups. You never saw the original Star Trek.
- Luke – Oh, yes. Grups. Yes, I did.
- April – The one in the cords in our math teacher, Mr. Munster. Good guy, he's a little nerdy, likes to wow us with his Chris Rock impersonation. It's borderline racist.
- Freddie – He's a liar, too. He says he was a Red Sox fan, but he didn't even know they traded Damon.
- Luke – Really? He didn't know Damon was with the Yankees now?
- Freddie – No.
- Luke – You see Steinbrenner made him cut his hair?
- Robert – Oh, my God. I'm not wearing my glasses.
- Colin – They flew off when you did that impression of the old guy getting shot by Dick Cheney.
- Matthew – We need a public place where the next De Kooning can run into the next Franz Kline and diss the next Jackson Pollock while the next Charlie Parker shoots up in the corner.
- Lorelai – Can you say BTK?
- Chris – And what was that whole part about desiring Golda Meir?
- Jess – Please tell me that was symbolic.