Logan returns to town on business to acquire an internet company and pays Rory a surprise visit. Rory is thrilled, but during a dinner with Logan's colleagues, she realizes that she has no connection to his new business world, and is especially threatened by one of his beautiful co-workers. Emily and Richard are delighted when Lorelai and Christopher attend Friday night dinner together as a couple.
Christopher reveals that Sherry has written him a letter saying she regrets leaving their daughter, GG, and asking him to send GiGi to visit her in Paris. Lorelai can't believe that Chris would consider this and they get into an argument over dinner. Meanwhile, Stars Hollow is plagued by a terrible odor when a train with a full load of pickles derails, and Taylor refuses to pay for the cleanup.
- Dangerous Liaisons
- Broadway Danny Rose
- Danger Mouse
- Franz Ferdinand
- Bobby Brown
- "18 and Life" by Skid Row
- "Who Will Save Your Soul" by Jewel
- "Cum On Feel the Noize" by Slade
- "Come a Little Bit Closer" by Jay & the Americans
- Christopher – The dog wears Ferragamos?
- Christopher – You're killing my TiVo.
- Lorelai – The View? Girlfriends? Sabado Gigante? Who controls this thing, you or Pedro Almodóvar?
- Rory – Samuel Johnson said, "When you're tired of London, you're tired of life."
- Rory – That's true. Boswell did keep quite close.
- Logan – It's basically MySpace.
- Rory – And it'll be like an online version of the Algonquin group, like throwing a party in your head where everyone you've ever wanted to talk to is there – Ira Glass, Sofia Coppola, Flaubert, Danger Mouse.
- Bill – It's not like anyone ever gave Captain Bligh another ship after the Bounty.
- Logan – Great! I'll send a car. Tonight, you'll be dining with a Captain of Industry.
- Lorelai – Milton Berle, it smells like?
- Sookie – Milton Berle, are you saying my kitchen smells like Milton Berle? :Lorelai – Milton Berle, Broadway Danny Rose, Carnegie Deli.
- Christopher – Don't say "Dollywood." Please don’t, don't say "Dollywood."
- Richard – Well, naturally I thought they were referring to the archduke. So I jumped in, as who wouldn't? With some thoughts about the various conspiracy theories surrounding his infamous assassination in Sarajevo. Imagine my surprise when I learned that Franz Ferdinand was the name of a very popular rock 'n' roll band.
- Emily – The way Bunny Ferguson grunts – oh! I mean, it's one thing if you're Maria Sharapova and you're 120 pounds and a 7-foot blond teenager. But if you're 5'3"…
- Rory: I don't know about you, but most of the Bobby’s I know are guys – Bobby Kennedy, Bobby Brady, Bobby Knight, Bobby Brown.
- Rory: "Adorable" is what you say about a Full House rerun.