- “Guess what it stands for”
- —T.J.'s intro to people[src]
Luke Danes' buffoonish brother-in-law, and the husband of Liz Danes. His real name is Gary. He is a capable carpenter, but is inept as a contractor when Lorelai Gilmore remodels her house. Lorelai lets him think he is the acting contractor, while in reality she has another contractor handling the details. He is a generally likeable character, though abrupt, with a heavy New York accent.
- So a lap is just an illusion!
- – Luke Can See Her Face
- I learned quickly that without an immediate influx of cash, I can no longer afford to be a jealous man
- – Emily Says Hello
- T.J. has been arrested twice when he got jealous (presumably, though not stated, for getting into a fist fight with someone.)