LORELAI RETHINKS HER RELATIONSHIP WITH LUKE, WHILE RORY TRIES TO REPAIR HER RELATIONSHIP WITH DEAN – Lorelai (Lauren Graham) suspects that Luke's (Scott Patterson) intentions toward her have become serious, but she doesn't have time to dwell on it as she prepares for the opening of the Dragonfly Inn by inviting friends and family to a test run. Using the opportunity to force her parents (Kelly Bishop and Ed Herrmann) to reconcile, Lorelai is shocked when it becomes obvious that the damage to their marriage is deeper than she had suspected. When Jason (Chris Eigeman) arrives at the Inn to convince Lorelai that their breakup was a mistake, Luke tries to declare his true feelings for Lorelai. Meanwhile, after their last awkward encounter, Rory (Alexis Bledel) goes to great lengths to salvage her friendship with Dean (Jared Padalecki).
Momentous changes are in the air as the Dragonfly Inn approaches opening day. Rory goes against her mother Lorelai's wishes and has sex for the first time with her married ex-boyfriend Dean without discussing it first. Lorelai deviously forces Emily and Richard to admit that they are separated. Kirk and Lulu's relationship is tested when they share their first night together. Jason appears unannounced at the Inn causing Luke to be confused at the state of his and Lorelai's relationship resulting in Luke and Lorelai share a very special moment.
- Babette – I think Kirk wants you to go upstairs and make love to him
- Luke – Will you just roll
- Luke and Lorelai kiss for the first time.
- Rory has sex for the first time.
- This marks the last appearance of Jason Stiles until Season 8.
- satellite of love | LOU REED
- lily-a-passion | GRANT LEE PHILLIPS
- Lorelai – There was no waking you up. You were completely out of it. We're talking Farrah on "Letterman."
- Rory – What's your damage, Heather?
- Lorelai – Maybe he just needed to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home, thinking, "If I could only find a man like Aragorn," he picked me.
- Rory – Well, look who died and made you Hayley Mills
- Taylor – It's the little things, the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Roslyn Kinds
- Lorelai – He just showed up here, because, apparently, it's Blake Edwards night at the Dragonfly.