Pennilyn Lott is a guest character on WB drama Gilmore Girls. She is portrayed by Linda Gehringer.
Pennilyn was Richard Gilmore's girlfriend and later fiancée, while he was a student at Yale. Richard broke off their engagement to be with Emily. In spite of this, their relationship has remained more than cordial, as they meet for lunch once a year as old friends to catch up and thereby still be somewhat involved in each other's lives.
Pennilyn seems to be a calm, very sweet, friendly and kind woman, with a respectable air about her and a peaceful demeanor. She and Lorelai meet briefly and get on quite well, much to Emily's displeasure. Pennilyn is very respectful towards Emily as well. Pennilyn is happily married and has children.
- She's first mentioned by Richard, who tells Rory that he was engaged to her.
- This prompts Emily's comment 'that mouse?'
- Richard calls her Lynnie Lott.
- Upon meeting Pennilyn, Lorelai calls her 'my almost-mommy'.
- Richard's mother thought Pennilyn was a much more suitable wife for Richard than Emily, and she wrote Richard a letter begging him to call off his wedding to Emily and reconcile with Pennilyn.
- Pennilyn did not tell her husband about lunching with Richard either.