Lorelai is becoming seriously involved with Max just as she finds herself getting in the middle of another relationship when Luke's girlfriend Rachel accuses him of being in love with Lorelai.
Paris wreaks her revenge after Tristan lies about going to a concert with Rory. Rachel leaves Stars Hollow after she becomes convinced that despite his protests, Luke is in love with Lorelai. Rory's defense of the Stars Hollow troubadour during a town meeting brings her back together with Dean, enabling her to finally say, and mean, the words that he's been longing to hear. Luke and Max meet and engage in a little not-so-friendly rivalry as Max begins to suspect, despite her protests, that Lorelai and Luke were once an item. Max proposes to Lorelai with a thousand yellow daisies.
- "Honey Don't Think" by Grant Lee Buffalo
- "Sadness Soot" by Grant Lee Phillips
- "One Line" by PJ Harvey
- "Everybody Needs A Little Sanctuary" by Grant Lee Phillips
- "How To Dream" by Sam Phillips
- "My Little Corner Of The World" by Yo La Tengo
- "Swan Lake" -- Ballet -- Ste Op. 20a: Sea in the Moonlight by Tchaikovsky
- Also referenced: Blue Man Group, Blur, Nico
Pop Culture ReferencesEdit
Rory: No, my insane mother Margot Kidder Gilmore did!!
Luke: That Stretch Cunningham guy?
Lorelai: No, the Dick Tracy guy.
Lane: I miss the old Rory.
Rory: Well, she's staging a comeback.
Lane: May it be more successful than Peter Frampton's.
Madeline: (referring to Judy Garland) She was the Courtney Love of her day.
Lorelai: And that starts with ceasing work on the Winchester Mystery House here.
Rory: Mary? Oh no, not the Virgin Mary thing again.
Louise: Not virgin, Typhoid.
Kirk: I don't question the orders. I merely follow them.
Michel: A job well done, Mr. Adolf Eichmann.
- After Rory finds the Dean-box and talks with Lorelai, a boom mic is visible at the top of the frame.