Rory Gilmore, snake in the grass. Machiavellian politics have broken out at school, and Paris believes (unjustly, of course) that Rory is Chilton's chief dirty trickster. The whole mess results in a duel...literally.
Rory (Alexis Bledel) is set up by the manipulative Francie (guest star Emily Bergl), who convinces Paris (Liza Weil) that Rory has been plotting against her. When Emily (Kelly Bishop) is sued by a former maid, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) worries that giving a deposition in the case will cause more problems with her mother. Meanwhile, Lorelai meets an interesting new man (guest star Billy Burke) at a business seminar.
- First appearance of Alex Lesman.
- Sookie's friend from 10 years back, Joe Mastoni, has a crush on her and always wanted to ask her out.
- Sookie used to work at the Deerhill Lodge with Joe, Bung, Melon and Feldman.
- bad moon rising | CCR
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Eloise at the Plaza by Kay Thompson
- Emily – (about her German maid, Gertha) Every time she went to the pantry, I thought she was marching on Poland.
- Emily – (About her German maid, Gertha) She was the clomper.
- Lorelai – The clomper?
- Emily – She'd be upstairs making the beds and it'd sound like a Munich beer hall rally.
- Michel – Well, aren't we Evel Knievel?
- Paris – Any questions, Mr. Christian? Er.. Mr. Hunter.
- (Madeline is humming loudly with her fingers in her ears)
- Paris – Louise, poke John Williams over there and tell her she can cut the score.
- Lorelai – Crushing your head! I'm crushing your head!
- Lorelai – Uh, well, if you like, I could recommend a few places in town. Uh, okay, uh huh, sure. Why don't you talk to your wife and call me back. Okay, bye. Hey, Shields and Yarnell, what's going on?
- Lorelai – I'm sorry, did that reference date me? Should I've gone with the Express Yourself video?
- Louise – (advising Madeline to just suffer through the ordeal of a smelly fencing mask) Just close your eyes and think of England
- Paris – (to Rory) Brutus!