LORELAI AND LUKE CLEAR THE AIR – As Stars Hollow prepares for its annual Spring Fling festival, Rory (Alexis Bledel) brings Logan (Matt Czuchry) home and shows him around town. Lorelai (Lauren Graham) sees how serious their relationship has become and worries that Logan is too irresponsible for Rory. Taylor (Michael Winters) angers the town by spending the entire Spring Fling budget on a huge hay bale maze. At an unexpected encounter in the maze, Lorelai and Luke (Scott Patterson) apologize to one another and admit they both made mistakes that lead to the end of their engagement. Meanwhile, Rory has a job interview with the Providence Journal-Bulletin and struggles with decisions about her future.
Taylor Doose spends the entire budget for the Spring Festival on a hay bale maze that shadows the entire town of Stars Hollow. While finding her way to the end of the maze, Lorelai and Luke cross paths and are forced to reunite. Rory and Logan visit the town for the Spring Fair and Lorelai is forced to get to know him by spending time together.
Unfortunately, the two have different views about Rory's future. Rory is given a job offer for a newspaper. When she evaluates what she truly wants, she decides to reject the offer and wait on an internship for the New York Times.
- All the President's Men
- His Girl Friday
- The Godfather
- That Girl
- The Food Network
- Herman Melville
- Jay McInerney
- Louise Erdrich
- Paris – There's nothing wrong with being sensitive. Jake Gyllenhaal is sensitive. Orlando Bloom is sensitive.
- April – Thanks. A girl can only be called Sally Jessy so many times before she has to rethink the red frames.
- Rory – It was! We talked about Seymour Hersh and how he was comparing Iran to Nicaragua and the Contra War and everything – from Alexander Haig and Watergate to the Oprah phenomenon.
- Rory – Yeah, you joke, but it was very traumatic, okay? I scraped up my whole face. There was a big old scab on my nose the first two weeks of fifth grade. Oh, they called me Bozo.
- Logan – Bozo.
- Rory – And Rudolph and "Scab Nose."
- Rory – Yeah, he's basically the mayor of Stars Hollow and Don Corleone all wrapped up into one.
- Logan – It's like Colonial Williamsburg with fewer knickers and tricorne hats.
- Logan – Oh, yeah. It's way beyond Amazon and eBay now. It's kind of like what's going on with these simulation games, like Second Life or World of Warcraft. Actual currency is being exchanged for virtual goods.
- Logan – Yeah, what if your mom's out there? I don't want her thinking I'm David Hasselhoff or something.
- Lorelai – Take it down, Olivier.