Back in Stars Hollow for the weekend, Rory (Alexis Bledel) runs into Dean (Jared Padalecki), who awkwardly invites her to his wedding the next day. During his bachelor party that night, Dean stumbles into Luke's (Scott Patterson) diner and drunkenly confesses how much he misses Rory. Meanwhile, while trying to get construction started on the new Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) are driven crazy by Taylor (Michael Winters), who controls the permit procedures for every building in town.
Back home for the weekend, Rory has an uncomfortable encounter with Dean, her ex, and ends up getting invited to his wedding the next day. Meanwhile, Lorelai and Sookie visit Michel at his trendy new workplace, but run into problems getting the permit they need to begin construction on the inn.
- Dean gets married at the Stars Hollow Church/Synagogue
- Rory and Lorelai do not attend the wedding, at Luke's behest.
- "The Weakest Shade of Blue" by The Pernice Brothers
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Lorelai – To the Braille Institute, it's just a trim.
- Lorelai – And what are your plans today, Persis Khambatta?
- Rory – Well, how are we supposed to get out of our house?
- (Lorelai crosses her arms, nods her head and blinks)
- Rory – It looks like heaven or a Victoria's Secret commercial which, to some people, is basically the same thing.
- Lorelai – We know where all those Calvin Klein ads went to die.
- Sookie – I missed the beginning of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and by the time I got back, they were all gay.
- Lorelai – Come on, Augustus Gloop.
- Taylor – "Pave paradise and put up a parking lot."
- Taylor – So it'll be a party spot? Catering to that crowd, hip-hoppers, the Manson family?
- Lorelai – It's a 23-year-old porch. Unless you think Kate Hudson is historical, it's not historical.
- Kirk – My family tree dates back to a 12th-century knight.
- Lorelai – Wow.
- Kirk – As a kid, I thought that meant we were related to Ted Knight. I wrote him a lot of letters. He never responded.