The bookstore at times doubles as a cinema in the evenings, and as the series progresses, referred to almost exclusively as the town cinema, or the 'black-white-read movie theatre'.
- Max and Lorelai have their first date there.
- Dean, Rory, Lane and Todd go on a double date to a showing of Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman. Lane is not amused; Todd is.
- Luke, Lorelai, Rory and Dean also double date at a showing of Pippi Longstocking (with a horrible version of the original theme song and a lack of understanding of the awesomeness that is Pippi). This date also falters grimly.
- Luke takes in his first film in years (Lorelai's guess) with Rachel.
- After being humiliated at Richard and Emily Gilmore's vow renewal, Luke seeks refuge in the cinema where Lorelai finds him and tries to apologise. The scene plays, with an altered perspective, in Lorelai's dreams following their break-up.