A former teen model, this Texan-born actress landed her star-making part on Gilmore Girls after just one year of college. As the pretty and precocious Rory, Bledel earned legions of fans. The big screen soon beckoned, and the blue-eyed beauty appeared in Tuck Everlasting and Sin City. Unlike many other young celebrities, Bledel has managed to avoid becoming a gossip magnet although she did date her Gilmore co-star Milo Ventimiglia.
She is the daughter of Martin Bledel and Nanette Dozier, and has a younger brother named Eric David Bledel. She previously dated her Gilmore Girls co-star Milo Ventimiglia from December 2002 - July 2006. Bledel married Vincent Kartheiser in June 2014 and they have one child.
- Her first language is Spanish; she didn't learn English until she started school.
- Her mother is Mexican; her father, Argentinian (and of Danish descent).
- Took acting classes when she was 8 as a way to overcome her shyness.
- Began modeling at age 14, traveling to Milan and Tokyo for shows.
- Attended New York University, New York, NY
- Bledel was nominated for 16 awards and has won four awards for her work in Gilmore Girls
- 2001 - Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Drama Series - Leading Young Actress
- 2002 - Family Television Award for Best Actress
- 2005 - Teen Choice Award for TV - Choice Comedy Actress
- 2006 - Teen Choice Award - TV Choice Comedy Actress